Out in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (oSTEM) is a national student society, dedicated to increasing the participation of queer people in disciplines related to science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM). The goals of the Stanford chapter of oSTEM (oSTEM@Stanford) are:
- (a) To promote the participation from and development of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Two-Spirited, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual (LGBTTQQIA) + Ally communities in STEM disciplines,
- (b) Provide services and support for queer Stanford students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics,
- (c) To create a dynamic network between queer Stanford students and professionals in industry and academia,
- (d) To educate and develop queer Stanford students of STEM disciplines, preparing them for graduation and careers in STEM fields,
- (e) To actively recruit and address the needs of the diverse queer community within the Stanford STEM community, inclusive of those who are historically underrepresented with regards to gender, gender identity or expression, and ethnic background,
- (f) To support and contribute to the dynamic network sustained by oSTEM Incorporated.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org