Skip to main content Skip to secondary navigation


Main content start

Gender Neutral Housing

After frosh year, students can choose to live in student residences where gender-neutral housing is available. In these residences, students have the option to live in mixed-gender rooms/apartments.

Cooperative Houses

Co-ops are student-managed residences in which residents jointly clean, cook and operate their houses. Residents in co-ops can usually opt into mixed-gender living arrangements.

Housing Over Break

Stanford offers winter break housing at the Creekside Inn for international students and students who cannot go home for compelling reasons. Stanford heavily subsidizes the cost of staying at the Creekside Inn, and Financial Aid is available for students requiring assistance.